Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion serve as ministers in the celebration of the Eucharist by assisting the priests in the distribution of the Body and Blood of Christ. The ministers are trained in the rubrics of the mass and are directed by the parish priests of any liturgical changes affecting the distribution of the Eucharistic.
The Goal of this ministry is to prepare willing parishioners to become Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion at Mass. Through training they are able to administer with confidence, respect and reverence the Eucharist under both species.
There is a need for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion at all of the weekend Masses, and especially the Sunday Masses.
Potential ministers must meet to the following requirements:
- Regular attendance at Sunday Mass.
- At least 25 years of age.
- If married, married in the Catholic Church.
- Willing to receive and distribute the Eucharist in both species.
- Mandatory training sessions.
- Be willing to serve up to twice a month at the mass of your choice.
- Attend annual half-day retreat.
- Attend a commissioning ceremony at a Mass on a date to be announced.
- If you are unable to honor your scheduled commitment, obtain a substitute from the Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion list.
For more information and to sign up, please contact Greg and Deserea Hernandez at 213-200-8602